It is time for me to part with my '57 MGA. I purchased this car in 2000 and set about a frame-on mechanical restoration:
- Rebuilt engine with all new parts except the camshaft and the flywheel. Cylinders were bored and sleeved.
- Rebuilt transmission.
- Converted to DOT-5 Silicone brake/clutch fluid with replaced slave cylinders and rebuilt master cylinder.
- Re-bushed front suspension with new main springs and rebuilt hydraulic dampeners.
- Rebuilt distributer.
- Solid-state SU fuel pump in original design and sound.
- Conversion to single 12v battery, positive ground.
- 60-spoke stainless steel wire wheels up front. Tuned-and-trued original 48 spoke wheels in rear.
- New marine-grade plywood floorboards with polyurethane sealing.
This car is a daily driver and ready for new adventures in sports car motoring.
Click on a photo to enlarge and stop the slide show.